The current Foster County Road Superintendent is Nate Monson.
As the Road Superintendent he performs the following duties:
- Assists the County Engineer plan, organize, direct, and coordinate the work of the department; participates in human resource decisions to attract, motivate, and retain employees.
- Supervises crew leaders engaged in construction, maintenance and repair of paved and unpaved roads and culverts.
- Inspects roads, culverts, and bridges for damage; takes measurements and calculates where sign(s) should be; supervises the placement of barricades and warning signs.
- Monitors the work of subcontractors engaged in road repair; ensures that materials and work meet established standards and predetermined specification.
- Inspects work while in progress and upon completion.
- Supervises the repair of bridges; ensures that work is performed according to established standards and is completed on time.
- Provides feedback to the public, township officials, county engineer and Board of Commissioners regarding the status projects.
ROAD SPEED LIMITS
The speed limit on all county paved roads will be 55 mph dependent upon road conditions and/or restrictions.
All gravel roads remain the same at 55 mph.
Speed limits for trucks on county/gravel roads will be 40mph at legal limit
Foster County Road Restrictions will go into effect the same time as the state of North Dakota restrictions.
To see when they go into effect go to:
Foster County will honor 10% overload permits when issued by the ND Highway Patrol for the winter season, beginning 01 December until spring load restrictions on all paved county roads up to 88,000 lbs with the following exceptions:
- Weight limits on all County and Township Roads shall be 80,000 lbs.
- The first 7 miles of the Grace City Paved Road (#1621) North of State Hwy #200, will be marked at 8 Ton per axle, gross weight not to exceed 105,500 lbs.
- The first mile West from State Hwy #281, to Barlow (#1602) will be marked at 8 Ton per axle, gross weight not to exceed 105,500 lbs.
- The Carrington Township gravel road from State Hwy #200 South to Peavey-Ostlund Company; and the Carrington Township gravel road from State Hwy #281 East to Peavey-Ostlund will have a limit of 105,500 lbs and other roads as posted by the Township Supervisors.
- Tandem axle group is not to exceed 32,000 lbs. Three or more axle group not to exceed 42,000 lbs.
- The Foster County Board of Commissioners and Township Supervisors may change the above regulation imposed limitations anytime when they deem conditions warrant.